Web-Don, Inc., a family-owned business in the Carolinas and Tennessee, has been a main distributor and a staple of laminate countertops, stone, and other surfacing materials that are used in a variety of areas (countertops, worktops, office spaces, business, and homes). Our vast product line and growing customer base has allowed us to provide our employees with income stability and career longevity.
Not only is it important to us that our employees enjoy their free time—we also want them to take advantage of our great benefits package and employee perks!
In 2020, we were able to continue operating while keeping our employees safe from COVID-19 and securing the financial stability of over 100 families.
Here at Web-Don, we are looking for amazing individuals to join our team and, most importantly, to join our FAMILY!
Our Charlotte, NC team are looking for amazing Specification Representatives that can WOW us with their skills, knowledge, and personality.
What would your responsibilities be?
- Identify all strategic architecture and design firms within the territory and systematically profile each prospect by identifying key influencers—principals, directors, senior spec writers, and interior designers—with whom relationships must be established.
- Contact and develop relationships with existing prospects, architecture & design firms, and general contractors in the territory.
- Identify and secure specifications from architects and designers and national, healthcare, educational, hospitality, commercial, and residential accounts.
- Develop individual specification strategy for prospecting architecture & design firms.
- Ensure all firms and general contractors are up to date with product samples and literature.
- Be responsible for tracking the progress of product specification from product selection to installation.
- Work with the corresponding sales representative and defend specifications by working with the chain of architects, designers, owners, general contractors, and fabricators.
- Be responsible for promoting and reinforcing company and brand quality in regional markets. Research and participate in trade shows and associations when necessary.
- Give “lunch and learn” presentations for architects and designers.
- At least 2 to 5 years of vendor sales or sales experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate and manage performance. (A must!)
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with prospect firms’ key personnel.
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Work in and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Identify opportunities for competitive advantage with new and existing products.
- Be a team player.
Now, let me tell you about our benefits package! Not only do we offer health, dental, and vision insurance, but we also offer:
- Basic life and AD&D for you and your dependents—at no cost to you.
- Voluntary term life insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Flexible spending account—medical out-of-pocket and dependent care.
- Employee assistance program.
But wait… that’s not all! Employees also participate in our:
- 401(k) plan with company matching (Web-Don matches half of what you contribute, up to 6%).
- Profit sharing bonus program (semi-annual).
- Employee recognition program (monthly and quarterly awards).
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Volunteer PTO—community outreach program.